Saturday, August 22, 2015

Let it all go.

I have had these thoughts for a while.
These ideas for a while. 
The thoughts of "this would be longer than ___ characters".

My thought is worship. True, abandoned worship. And what that actually means. Not just the normal Sunday morning, but the worship you give your Creator before you are about to leave for work. The kind of worship that you give Him when you have had a bad day. Because He sees those efforts, He sees those moments when you could be complaining about your day, but instead you say "Jesus, You are wonderful". You declare who He is, and who You are in Him. That is hard to do sometimes, but its beautiful. It means something to Him. He hears you.

True worship has been on my mind a lot this week. What does it mean? How is it possible? Does it really work? The kind of worship where no one else in the world matters but Him. These questions just kept circling through my head over and over. Now don't get me wrong I love worship, I mean I truly love tell Jesus who He is! However, I thought that true, abandoned worship could happen to everyone but me. So then I had another question: how can people get that "type" of worship and not me? And yes I'm comparing myself to others (I'm still working on that). But what I have learned is that I wasn't giving God all that I had. It was always just half of what I was going through or half of myself. So earlier this week, way before the sunrise I worshiped. With all that I had. I had no bounds, no limits, just a line that I needed to cross. In that moment I noticed something: the more I was in His presence with all my crap, and all of my mess, the harder it was for me to leave. I could sit there all day, telling Him all the things I loved about Him, and not think that I had anything that I was hiding from Him. 

After that I started to see how I could worship Him outside of my room, outside of my apartment. Because I had nothing to hide from Him it was easier to declare who He was throughout the day, to my friends, to people I encountered. And actually mean what I say. Because when you encounter Jesus in a real way, and with all that you have there is freedom. 

So what if when we just want to have moment with Jesus, when we want to worship, that we give Him all we have, and just let Him take you where you were called to go?  During that time with Jesus, in your room, with a group of people, in a coffee shop, you would just let go.  


No comments:

Post a Comment