Monday, August 31, 2015

Jump.

So a couple of weeks ago, I ask The Lord to give me dreams. I prayed and said "Lord, if you give me dreams I will write them down." And of course, He starts to give me dreams. One dream, however, stood out to me. Here was the dream: me and some of my friends were on this rock (kind of like the one off the lion king) and when we looked down we saw a field of just green grass, tall green grass. So we each took each others hands, looked around and smiled. Then...we jumped. And of course I woke up.

This dream has been on my mind since I woke up from it. I have been asking The Lord what it means, and I know I haven't gotten the full interpretation as of yet. But what I do know about this dream is that this was a transition in all of our lives. We could have decided to get scared and to back out of jumping, but NO, we were excited. We grabbed hands and went for it. We jumped into the tall grass without a second thought.

The reason why I decided to bring this up was for this reason: if God is bringing you into a new season then hesitate? Why don't we just jump. If we really know who Jesus is, and who we are in Him, then why are we scared? We know He works ALL THINGS for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). We know that He is able to do more than we can even think or ask (Ephesians 3:20). So then, why don't we jump? If we know these truths, and we know our identity in Christ, then we should be excited. We should just jump, even if the season is crappy. Because ya know what, I know my dad, and He takes care of me, in every season. He doesn't stop loving me because a new season of life starts, He is right there. Now, He may be present in different ways in different seasons, but He is there! So today I want to encourage you (and myself) to jump. To trust that YOUR dad, the One who made you, knows how to take care of you in the season you are in, or the one you are about to jump into.

Jump in faith.

Jump in obedience.

Jump in love.


No comments:

Post a Comment